Wednesday, January 5, 2011

TOP TEN MOST ANTICIPATED 3D MOVIES OF 2011

10. KUNG FU PANDA: THE KABOOM OF DOOM (May 27, 2011)
The first of this franchise did very well at the box office despite the fact this was the second to last 2D effort from DWA. I am expecting a huge opening here, rivaling CARS 2. It was a toss up between these two animations for the 10th spot, but I am looking more towards seeing the panda again. Hopefully any CARS 2 story issues have been resolved!

9. PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES (May 20, 2011)
On a somewhat tighter budget leash this time around, Bruckheimer has is ace up his sleeve with Johnny Depp as Captain Jack. The 3D installment for the franchise should reinvigorate the energy.

8. HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS: PART 2 (July 15, 2011)
I am anxious to see what is possible with a Potter movie that is totally 3D! We missed seeing the first one as time ran out on them, but this final installment should be done right. We'll see!

7. CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER (July 22, 2011)
The more appealing Marvel choice for me this summer is CAPTAIN AMERICA over THOR. I think the project has quality written all over it and it needs to be successful to set up a run for THE AVENGERS. I say Chris Evans nails it.

6. SANCTUM (Feb 4, 2011)
What can I say? SANCTUM is a James Cameron production which means incredible attention to detail and craftsmanship. 3D is ideal for underwater adventure so I have a great deal of anticipation for this one.

5. GREEN LANTERN (June 17, 2011)
Ryan Reynolds looks perfect for the role and despite what some say about how the trailer looks, I am 100% for it. I think this is the top super hero movie of the year. Go see it.

4. CONTAGION (Oct 21, 2011)
Steven Soderbergh has been hard at work on this thing for quite some time now. Starring Matt Damon, Jude Law, Kate Winslet, Gwyneth Paltrow and Lawrence Fishburne I am expecting nothing less than a summer, edge of your seat yet cranial blockbuster.

3. HUGO CABRET (Dec 9, 2011)
Martin Scorsese's first 3D movie! What more do I need to say?? Can't wait.

2. TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON (July 1, 2011)
I have been somewhat hard on Bay in the past but I have come full circle. I think he has matured in his career and quite possibly this will be the first of many critically embraced movies. Certainly far better than TF2. The fact that Bay is merging his style of shooting with native 3D is enough for me. But promises of a better story is so enticing. The trailer looks awesome!

1. THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN: THE SECRET OF THE UNICORN (Dec 28, 2011)
A no-brainer. Steven Spielberg. Peter Jackson. Working together with AVATAR technology with one of the world's most adored animation characters of all time. You can COUNT on this one being the cinematic event of the year. Without reservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment